Using your class repo
Checkout your repo
- Each person gets their own repo. Setup an ssh key according to these instructions. Replace 'USERNAME' with your Rose username below.
- Get your repo however you like. For example, I open a console and issue: git clone email@example.com:/srv/repos/1819a-csse351-taylormt
Compile a small program
Test your build environment by first generating the build scripts for the
The code should be in your repository.
- Open a terminal and go to the project directory.
- Have CMake generate the build files by issuing
- Mac users can get an XCode project by instead using
cmake . -G Xcode
- Windows users should automatically get a Visual Studio project, but there is a similar
-Gcommand if needed
Now, build the program.
- If you're using the make file, just to the directory and type
- For Visual Studio, open the VS project and go to Build > Build Solution or press
- For XCode, go to Product > Build or press
Run the program after it is built. It should output your OpenGL version as a decimal number.
- If you're using the make file, just run the resulting binary.
- For Visual Studio, open the VS project and go to Debug > Run Without Debugging or press
- For XCode, switch the build scheme: go to Product > Scheme > ProjectName. Then, go to Project > Run or press
For example, my Mac reports version 4.1 and my Rose laptop reports 4.5.